Tuesday, March 8, 2011

i don't want to. you can't make me.

i'm going to speak with boldness
because victory is mine through christ jesus.

writin this in red and everything
but not changing the color of font
cause then it's hard to read

i messed up today
i failed today
i was 'oh THAT girl' today
(negative connotations)

drawing arrows on myself
and the enemy likes
but i won't FILL this journal
with all my 'done wrongs'
more like i'll ask forgiveness
for everything
and i'll be windexed
chalk powder not even floating
a clean slate i am

in the lord

so maker of all things
crowder says your glorious
and so do i
so make me feel victorious

cuz i cry at the sight of blood
mental pictures drip warm
and wring of it
smell of it

cover yourself for your death draws nigh
at the hand of institutional pressure
and deep down sown
needle pricks
INSECURITY

and it's not my imagination
station
some days i wish i were back
living in the light my big sisters cast
free sailing
listening
to that tape tick back
nightloveyousorrythankyou

simplicity and first grade
and WHY is school even
a PART
of this conversation
with myself

i'm alone
yeah, right.
y'all it's my REDEMPTION
that's doin the doodlin nigh
and i've got the holy spirit
LIVIN inside

and i'm grateful
for the incineration of the rags
he uses to
wipe
i hate that word
me
clean

don't run from your ma
when she wipes your mouth clean
tragedy walking out that
apartment loaned
door
lacking perspective
for lack of a more insightful word.

not on sale.
currently
chronically
cats
FREE
(no cats. alliterations go in 3s)

how much longer til i

GET IT.

1 comment: